My Desktop icons have all changed into generic
icons. How can I get the original icons back?
You can try resetting the icon cache by making a change to the cache and then
changing it back. Here's how:
- Right click an empty area of your Desktop
- Select Properties
- Select the Appearance tab
- Choose the Advanced button
- In the "Item:" drop down menu, click the
entry titled 'Icon'
- Using the up or down arrows, change the
- Click OK
- Using the above instructions, change the
value of step #6 back to its original position.