It may not be necessary
to re-install OE. Many times, the following information is a solid fix for
Try using Internet Explorer's repair option:
- Start>> Settings>> Control Panel. Double click on Add/Remove
- Scroll down until you find Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Highlight it and click the Add/Remove button.
This will not attempt to remove Internet Explorer.
- From the resulting menu; select "Repair Internet Explorer".
If the above repair does not work:
- Use the Find option on your Start menu to find the file
"msimn.exe" and make a note of the full pathname. You'll probably find that it's
something like "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe". If it isn't there, make a note of where it actually is, and alter it in the
details I've given you below.
- Next, make sure OE isn't running, click Start>> Run>> and then enter the
"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg
Note: You need to make sure you put the quotes round the first part, and make
sure there's a space before the /reg.
This tells Outlook Express to reset its registry entries, which should allow you to set OE as your default mail client in IE's Program options.